Diflucan is used for treating and preventing certain yeast and fungal infections. Diflucan is an azole antifungal. It kills sensitive fungi by interfering with the formation of the fungal cell membrane.
Use Diflucan as directed by your doctor!
- Take Diflucan by mouth with or without food.
- Take Diflucan at least 2 hours before proton pump inhibitors (eg, omeprazole).
- To clear up your infection completely, take Diflucan for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days. Do not miss any dose.
- Diflucan works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- If you miss a dose of Diflucan, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Diflucan.
Store Diflucan below 86 degrees F (30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Diflucan out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Fluconazole.